Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bye Bye Bogota

We're off to the Zona Cafetera (Colombia coffee zone) tomorrow. Bogota has been great and, even though it didn't produce any formal modelling offers, leaving will be bittersweet. I think the posts and pictures reflect much of what we enjoyed about the city, but as we leave I thought I would get down a couple of the things that I'll miss about the city that wouldn't have been reflected elsewhere.

  1. Every Sunday from 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m., many of the city's main streets close down to vehicles and are turned over to pedestrians and cyclists in the weekly ritual known as Ciclovia. It's a great way to get some fresh(er) air, see the city without having to worry about getting run over and it sort of sounds like one of Rihanna's songs - everybody wins.

  2. One of the advantages of being in a tropical country is the fruit, both for variety and quality. The fruit itself is amazing, but I'm partial to the freshly squeezed juices that can be had for ridiculously cheap in most parts of town. Last weekend, Kristin had a freshly-pressed cup of red grape juice that may have been the most amazing thing that either of us has ever tasted. If they could somehow concoct an alcoholic beverage made primarily out of red grapes, I have a feeling that Kristin and I would be all over it...

  3. I think we're happy to take a break from the Spanish classes themselves, but they've produced some pretty memorable moments. These were typically at the end of the week when we were tired of not understanding and ready to go home. The result tended to be general giddyness and an unwillingness to follow the "no English" rule. Today was easily the best when Kristin starting laughing at a Spanish word that sounded like a dirty word in English and was called out as "immature" by the 13-year student in the class. It was particularly funny because he wasn't joking.

  4. This one's probaby just for me, but for whatever reason it seems like everybody around where we are staying has a Golden Retriever. I might be a little biased, but I view them in much the same way that the ancient Egyptians saw cats. Does it make Bogota a more interesting place to visit? Probably not. Does it make me happy each time I see one? You bet.

We've posted the rest of our photos of Bogota - you can find them here. Bye bye Bogota.

1 comment:

  1. Dale!! Kristin had a harsh flashback to junior high. It appears kids that age remain cruel.

    ReplyDelete